Tuesday, June 29, 2010
You might be married to Burt if......
I was talking to my husband the other evening, and I noticed a certain eerie resemblance between him and the character of Burt in the iconic survival flick "Tremors". Now, I am not advocating that you run out and see the movie (it has terrible language, for starters), but for those of you who have seen it, these comparisons will give you a glimpse into our lives!
As I listened to myself and my husband talk, I noticed some startling discoveries. Here are some of my observations.
You might be married to Burt if........
1. Your idea of buying precious metals is investing not in gold and silver but in lead and brass.
2. You actually believe that "Dillion Blue" is an acceptable living room color.
3. You think a Barrett Light .50 is a nice carry piece.
4. You know that "plastic is not an oxygen barrier".
5. Your pastor's entire survival plan is making it to your house alive.
6. You know the difference between a magazine and a clip.
7. You find you really are attracted to Hoppe's #9.
8. Your idea of a "dirty magazine" has nothing to do with nude women.
9. You think an MRE is one of the four food groups.
10. When looking at real estate, your first requirement is "geographic isolation".
11. You know the difference between standard "hollow points" and "Hydra-shock hollow points"
12. You stock supplies of "a few household chemicals in the proper proportions".
13. You don't count ammunition by rounds, but by cases.
14. Your favorite color is OD (Olive Drab if you have to ask).
15. When company comes over, your first thought is "troop rations".
So, there you have it. I think I am married to Burt!