Wednesday, September 29, 2010
How would you start a personal add for your lovely, unmarried, Godly, adult daughter? Not that we are likely to advertise in the local paper, but Sir Knight and I have been brainstorming ideas of traits that we would like to have in a son-in-law. Being the off-beat family that we are, our list of qualifications looks more like a skill set than a romantic ideal of "Mr. Perfect". So, here are some of the qualities we are looking for in our daughter's future husband....
1. Non-negotiable - God-fearing, Jesus-loving, Christian.
2. Loves children and considers them as a gift rather than a nuisance.
3. Priest, Prophet, Provider & Protector of his family.
4. Military (preferably at least one tour in Afghanistan - or other mountainous region).
5. Proficient in small unit tactics (any special forces training a plus).
6. Oath Keeper.
7. A year's supply of food.
8. Must have "group standard" weapons.
9. Ham Radio Operator.
This seems a little ridiculous, but it is amazing how few real men we come into contact with. Mostly, we meet boys who are only interested in their girls running around with no clothes on and then taking what little they do have on at the drop of a hat. Not for our girl. We want more. We have raised her to be more.
No. I don't think we will take an add out in the paper or post a personal add on Craigslist. I think we will pray. We will pray for Maid Elizabeth's husband just like we have been praying for him since she was a little girl. God will bring him in His perfect timing. We will wait.