|The kids had fun seeing the original apple wraps,|
however, we wanted to dip our own apples
Here is my favorite caramel recipe:
The BEST Caramel
1 C Butter
2 C Brown Sugar
1 C Corn Syrup
1 14oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla
- In saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir constantly until mixture reaches 248 degrees, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in Vanilla.
- Pour into buttered pan to cool.
- Cut into squares and wrap in waxed paper.
For Caramel Apples
- Insert wooden sticks into 8 - 10 apples
- Dip each apple into slightly cooled caramel mixture, turn to coat.
- Set on buttered, sugared wax paper to cool.
|Mixing all the ingredients but the vanilla|
|Its starting to look like caramel!|
|Adding the Vanilla|
|Dipping the first apple (yes, we used twigs|
instead of popsicle sticks)
|Look at that caramel!|
|And the finished product|