Maid Elizabeth and I, armed with clipboards and sharpie pens, tackled the beast. Starting at the beginning, we inventoried our supplies and began the arduous task of organizing and rearranging. We combined half buckets of supplies, put like things together and stowed loose items in tubs, barrels and extra buckets. We threw an entire horse trailer (O.K., it was only a two horse trailer, but still!) load of garbage away. Empty boxes, torn bags and broken equipment were all thrown in the trailer as we made our way down a 40 foot hallway. Little by little, order was restored. At the end of the day, we had inventoried an entire 40 foot container and organized so many buckets and barrels that we lost count. Finally, if we really NEEDED something, we would be able to put our hands on it.
|One of the indoor pantries|
|Alkaline Battery Storage|
Oh, and by the way, I did find the canning lids....eventually.