All we wanted to do was to buy a little .22 ammo. Nothing horrific like .50 cal or steel penetrators, just a little bit of non-obtrusive .22 ammo. Nothing. Nada. Store after store and the shelves were empty. Oh, there was .17 HMR and 204 Ruger in abundance - but not 1 round of .22 LR.
Disappointed but not despairing, we found our way to the reloading isle. We thought since we were there, we would pick up a few reloading components. Ha! There were no large rifle primers, small rifle primers, or any other primers to speak of, except for shotgun primers. Only expensive high-end hunting projectiles, most in off-the-wall calibers, were left on the shelves and all of the popular reloading powders for rifle and pistol cartridges had vanished. I personally witnessed a half a dozen men standing in the powder section with the store copies of reloading books in their hands frantically looking for substitute loads with the powders available on the shelf. Leaving sporting goods store after sporting goods store, I'm positive I heard the rattling of sabers.....
Next came a simple thing like AR500 body armor. Nobody buys body armor, right? Wrong. We found that there is at least a 10 - 12 week lead time for coated AR500 body armor. 10 - 12 weeks! For body armor!
It is very apparent to this simple, country housewife that a revolution is afoot and the people are leading the charge. Unlike previous "weapons bans" it is not just the guns, magazines and ammo that have been affected - it is everything associated with all-out freedom fighting, militia led, guerrilla war.
And so, rather than sitting around despairing, Sir Knight and I have come up with a list of things to do. This is just a sampling of ideas - we would love to hear yours.
10 Things to do Until the Revolution
- Get right with God. The state of your soul is the only thing that should worry you. If you don't know Jesus - nothing else matters! "Fear not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you; I will uphold you with my hand of righteousness" Isaiah 41:10
- Inventory and make a list so that you can locate all of your gear.
- For goodness sake - zero your rifle!
- Clean and lubricate all of your firearms - check your ammunition and magazine supply.
- Make sure your tactical gear (you have tac gear, right?!) is in good, serviceable condition and is fitted for your mission.
- If you haven't already, learn to shoot the weapons in your possession. Take a class. If you can shoot and have no military background, read this blog (Mountain Guerrilla) and consider taking a class from this individual (be warned, If I ever find out where he lives, I'm going to send his wife (HH6) a bar of handmade soap to wash out his mouth).
- Make sure you have a face mask (balaclava) available to hide your identity, in case peaceful, armed protests are still an option - you don't want to be identified and harassed.
- I never thought I would ever say this, but.....consider purchasing body armor. The coated AR500 body armor mentioned above will serve very well for guerrilla/ prepper purposes. Look here and here.
- OPSEC. You are going to have to be very careful who you trust. Read this story on SurvivalBlog. In case you didn't notice, the author mentioned in the article works in law enforcement. I myself, have been told personally, by a law enforcement officer, that his preps consisted of taking food and weapons from Mormons in his area, since he knew where they lived.
- Keep your head down.
There's gonna be a revolution.....